Una propuesta muy interesante por parte de la BBC para poder aprender Inglés.
En esta nueva serie de Aprende Inglés, presentadores de la BBC te ayudan con el inglés de los titulares de las noticias. Mira el video y aprende nuevo vocabulario.
Titulares y transcripción en inglés
Border closes for migrants
Wildfires in California
Crisis for world’s oceans
Large crowds of frustrated, exhausted people are spending the night at the Serbian border with Hungary, where Hungarian authorities have completed a new razor wire fence and closed off unofficial crossing points.
In California this is the sound of summer – they call it the ‘valley fire’ and no one here can remember anything like it. It has alreadyconsumed an area twice the size of San Francisco, and still it burns.
The ocean is on the brink of collapse, according to a WWF report released today. The study into the health and habitats of marine species has found that populations more or less halved between 1970 and 2012. The report says the declines may be steepest in the fish we need for the global food supply.
spending the night
pasando la noche
(aquí) completamente destrozado
on the brink of
a punto de
Use one of the words or phrases below to complete each of these sentences from news reports. Note that you may have to change the form of a word to complete the sentence correctly.
frustrated / spending the night / consumed / on the brink of
1. The huge tidal wave _______ much of the beach and the village behind it.
2. Since I’ve had kids, I find it so _______ that I can’t go out to the pub any more.
3. Scientists are _______ discovering a cure for certain types of cancer.
4. Because we missed our connecting flight, we had to _______ at the airport.
1. The huge tidal wave consumed much of the beach and the village behind it.
2. Since I’ve had kids, I find it so frustrating that I can’t go out to the pub anymore.
3. Scientists are on the brink of discovering a cure for certain types of cancer.
4. Because we missed our connecting flight, we had to spend the night at the airport.